Service & Product
We create bespoke joinery made to your requirements and needs. Based in Auckland our expert team manufacture quality solid timber interior and exterior joinery pieces, all of which are available New Zealand wide and throughout the South Pacific.
Our team at Rockfield Woodworkers can manufacture or supply a vast range of joinery products, including but not limited to:
- Interior and exterior louvre doors and shutters, both ventilating and non-ventilating
- Cedar adjustable shutters (Plantation Shutters)
- Interior panel doors, bungalow and villa style and contemporary
- Glass doors from 1 lites to Colonial
- Entrance doors
- Bi-folding doors and windows
- Sliding doors and windows
- French doors
- Cavity sliders
- Interior doors pre-hung
- Suppliers of interior and exterior flush doors
- Glazing supplied where required.
To get the most out of your beautiful bespoke joinery and extend its life, we have some care and handling recommendations. Exterior doors are designed for installation in areas protected by a porch or substantial overhang and should not be subjected to driving rain or long periods of direct sunshine.
Interior doors are designed for internal use only and should never be subjected to exterior conditions or high moisture and temperature fluctuations such as spa or sauna rooms. Buildings with air conditioning and/or underfloor heating may also have adverse effects on interior doors.
Handle your joinery carefully – careless handling and dirty hands will damage surfaces. Do not drag across one another or other surfaces and avoid rain spots on exposed surfaces before sealing, as these may discolour the final product. Upon delivery your Joinery should be stored in a dry well ventilated area away from extremes of humidity, temperature and direct sunlight. It is vital that your joinery is sealed promptly after delivery to prevent moisture absorption and consequent movement.
Before fitting remove any handling marks and ease any sharp edges. Exterior products must be finished using an exterior grade paint, stain or marine varnish. All six surfaces of your joinery MUST be sealed, including any checkouts, with careful attention being paid to all bottom edges. DO NOT use dark coloured paint or stain as these increase the risk of excessive heat uptake from direct or reflective sunlight. This may result in undesirable timber movement such as twisting, bowing or splitting. In all circumstances sealant manufacturer’s recommendations should be sort and their application and follow up maintenance instructions strictly followed to obtain good results. The finish of your joinery must be maintained regularly with recoating periodically according to sealant manufacturers instructions.
Because the application of finishes is beyond the control of the door manufacturer, no liability is accepted for the quality of the finished result. Natural variations in the colour and grain of timber are not considered defects and we make every effort to match components within the Joinery. Minor swelling and shrinkage of components are normal characteristics of timber and varies with seasonal humidity.
We provide a warranty on all of our workmanship. Our warranty conditions are below.
- Should defects in our workmanship or materials develop within 2 years from the date of manufacture, all efforts will be made first to repair the problem. Should a replacement door be required, it will be supplied free of charge on return of the faulty door. Rockfield Woodworkers (2003) Ltd will not be held responsible for additional charges such as re-hanging, painting, staining or other charges arising, should a claim be made.
- Paint Quality doors may be comprised of finger jointed timber.
- Interior Paint Quality doors may comprise MDF panels.
- The structural strength of the door should not be impaired through the fitting of door hardware or cutting or altering the door for any special details. No more than 5mm should be trimmed off any edge of the door for fitting purposes.